Saturday, July 23, 2005

Not just cappuchino n hazelnut coffee

I am just back from meeting Sanguine. Finally.

And what a babe! She rocks!

I began reading her blog when she stopped writing. And kept hoping she would start again. Yes, I am that much into people's lives and want to know more even about people I have never met. Stalker types?

Well, Sanguine got back to blogging and I was thrilled to get back to trespassing into her life. After some commenting, sport that she is, she kindly sent me an elaborate recipe for mutton biryani. Something I had no plans of making as soon as I read the procedure. But it got us talking and the next thing we realised, we were next door neighbours! Divine intervention, I concluded. Not to be ignored, I also concluded.

Two months passed with planning. And planning to meet.

And today, we painted our nails and made it.

We saw each other and knew who was who.
We are both left handed.
We both wear our watches on the right paw (though I forgot mine in the rushrush)
We both washed our hair before leaving.
We both have hubbies in similar professions.
We both had them legally for the last 4 years, the husbands, that is.
We both thought the same about certain people (that was fun!)
And yes, we both had freshly painted nails and later confessed to have painted them earlier in the day, prompting suspicious husbands to wonder who we were meeting.
And of course, the best part, we both live next to each other.

As the rick sped towards home, I clutched the flowers she got me, and smiled to myself thinking of the nice people I have been meeting of late. As Kahini mentioned in her post sometime back, the thought of a party with all my favourite people, began slowing playing in my mind. Sometime soon...

Thanks, Sanguine. Here's to serious pavement pounding in the mornings and delightful partying in the evenings!

25 Comments:

Blogger Leon said...

Hmm.. I've been hearing of blogging friends getting together recently.. nice going.. :-)

7:06 am  
Blogger SwB said...

hey anumita (something tells me you don't like being called 'Anu' :))

So you met R, huh? ... didn't know she was married.

anyway, how u doin?

8:47 am  
Blogger anumita said...

Hi Leon, welcome aboard. I have met a few bloggers and I am certainly not disapointed. Actually reading their blogs regularly you already know them well enough...

swb: You are right. DO NOT LIKE being called Anu.
If you have been reading her blog, you would know Sanguine was married. Most posts have some reference to Nish. Go read again.
Am good. You?

9:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haven't met sanguine as yet, but she sure is a darling :) good to know you guys had a grea time together :D

10:49 am  
Blogger shub said...

naaiiiiiiiiiice:)
n she got u FLOWERS? whatta sweetheart! :)

5:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya...even i've met some great ppl thru the blog!! and planning to meet more...!!

bips

5:24 pm  
Blogger AmitL said...

Hi,Anumita,that's nice...a blogger meet..mini one.:)Nice reading about ur meeting Sanguine,after ages of being next-door neighbours.(Now,why doesn't something like this happen to me?I'd luv to meet a next-door neighbour blogger)..:)

6:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Anumita, sounds like you had a great time ! Can't wait to meet my blogger friends too :)

9:00 pm  
Blogger gulnaz said...

wow, that sounds like loads of fun, meeting freinds from here! one does get to know a person from her writings, its not as frothy and superficial as chat rooms.
btw, i used anu, in my last reply to your comment on my blog, sorry...if you don't like being called so, won't do it again :)

11:13 pm  
Blogger boabhan sith said...

Wow...
That does sound like divine intervention!

I'm happy you had fun.

I wish I was closer to some of my blogging buddies. Most of you all live too far away for me to hang out with.

7:17 am  
Blogger Nupur said...

:) Waah!

You sure you girls didn't get lost in the Kumbh-ka-mela? :D

9:19 am  
Blogger sanguine said...

you know what NUPUR has a point , ANUMITA . i really think we did .
and in all probablities our men got lost at the same one i think . they are so similiar in habits.
or they just make them similiar now a days. LOL.

it was equally fantastic to meet you 'finally'. n am lookin forward to walks in the mornin n baked chicken n wine in the evenings.

9:57 am  
Blogger Mint Chutney said...

I have to admit I'm a little jealous. I want to meet some of my fellow bloggers as well.

Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all.

11:05 am  
Blogger anumita said...

pixel8: She's a fantabulous darling indeed. :)

parna: She talked of the other you and I introduced her to the new you. She talks fondly of you.

shub: You bet! She got me flowers, fed me the potato basket, coffee... then lots of wine and baked chicken the nexy day. Ah, I can see foodfilled blissful days ahead!

bips: I know. Too many nice people around. Glad blogs are helping to meet.

amitl: Look around. Your next door neighbour could be blogging furiously.

ash: You have a great blogger who you meet everyday :)

again_author: Strange yes, but expected with the way the internet rules our lives. Welcome.

gulnaz: Hey, it's okay. It's natural to shorten a long name. You are right about knowing a person from his or her writings. There is a kind of transperency and meeting doesn't change anything.

boabhan sith: Hey, I am sure we would have had loads of fun, if we lived closer than where we live now. Hey, you could come for a holiday for starters :)

nupur: I wonder too... :)

sanguine: Still haven't recovered from all the wine and food. Am home today. :)

11:20 am  
Blogger anumita said...

mint: Dont be jealous mint. I am sure there are bloggers lurking anonymously in your backyard. With no idea that it's mint chutney's backyard!

11:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grin grin grin grin GRIN!!!!!

I LOVE happy stories like this.

11:42 am  
Blogger hope and love said...

great..!!

1:23 pm  
Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

sounds like so much fun u gals had.wish i had a neighbour too whoz into the blogging way *sigh*

5:51 pm  
Blogger Pallavi said...

hahah that must have been nice.. I met a nice blogger too last weekend.. and well there is a lot of coincidences here... must read her blog.. have not been that side... :)

6:01 pm  
Blogger GratisGab said...

I bet you guys got along like a house on fire....I would suspect it, somehow.

Wannnh, I'm jealous!

3:59 am  
Blogger anumita said...

kahini, hope and love: Yes, it was great!

swathi: Welcome. It's cool to have someone so close. Especially someone who you (almost) know so well!

pallavi: You met neels?

gratis: We did get along. Anymore more and we would have starting fighting!

10:39 am  
Blogger Rat said...

what fun !!! I wish i had a friendly neighbourhood blogger.

1:07 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

aaaw sounds like you girls had a great time. I can't wait to go to one of the blog meets, feeling very jealous right now.

2:54 pm  
Blogger {illyria} said...

awwww. you girls rock!

4:13 pm  
Blogger Subhrajyoti Mukhopadhyay said...

nice !

4:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home