Tuesday, August 02, 2005

move

After days I am sliding open my bedroom window confidently. As I lie back in bed, craddling my laptop on my raised knees, I watch the clearing sky and bright clothes hung out to dry on a far off balcony. The weather is holding today, not much rain, a little drizzle now and then. The wind is still strong. My tall and proud plants seem permanently bent. Too much cross ventilation on the the 8th floor.

And what am I doing sitting at home, away from office and work? There had been too much of news watching these last few days and like obedient citizens we followed warnings to sit home today. Hubby probably didn't find it an appealing idea to go looking for me again if it got flooded and convinced me that no work is so important.

It's my last week at work and I am missing it all. The envious sighs of people, the sense of non committment, the feeling of being there yet not being too responsible, and the soaking in of all that I loved and hated at the place. 3 more days to go. After being a part of the furniture for the last 3 years, most people knew where to locate me. For those used to my office id, I am putting up an alternative id here.

It's time for that break...

15 Comments:

Blogger anumita said...

Not what you think, P. Just what I have been telling you. Will mail tomorrow.

11:00 pm  
Blogger Akruti said...

Break? Leaving the job or something? Goodluck to you in any case and in one week of me not being in blogworld brought a few changes to your blog too:)) Pictures and all,keep them coming lady.

10:39 am  
Blogger Pallavi said...

Man you are lucky to take so many breaks.. SIGH

1:21 pm  
Blogger shub said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaall the best dearie>:D<
n yeah...more pics!

3:06 pm  
Blogger anumita said...

akruti: Yes, leaving the job. And learning to upload. It's easy someone said, so I tried. :)

pallavi: Lucky? You know I never think ahead. I just follow an impulse...

shub: Thank you. Next I ll buy myself a digital camera, I think!

3:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey anumita...u taking a break...thats great!! what u planning to do??

bips

3:55 pm  
Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

jus read all ur b'bay monsoon stories, i really appreciate the spirit of ppl in Mumbai n am glad that things r returning to normalcy

4:54 pm  
Blogger anumita said...

bips: Yes. Break time! Planning so much. Hope I can see some of them through at least.

swathi: Things are not yet normal but getting there.

5:06 pm  
Blogger GratisGab said...

A break?? Sounds so tempting. Good for ya, have fun with whatever it is that you have in mind.

6:51 am  
Blogger Hornswoggler said...

hey good luck for whatever you decide to do next :)

12:41 pm  
Blogger kaushik said...

Hi,
Its great reading your blog, I had been following ur blog for quite a few months. U write great. So u r taking a break.Thats cool, you should take a break sometimes.
Have a nice time and do keep updating ur blog

2:33 pm  
Blogger hope and love said...

great..!! lucky you...

have a nice break...!

7:13 pm  
Blogger anumita said...

gratis, rash, hope and love: Thank you. Cant tell you am feeling so good!

kaushik rabha: Welcome and thank you so much!

11:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh.. a break - how I long for one - instead I have gone and committed for worse things. Enjoy for me also please.

1:47 am  
Blogger anumita said...

colours: Remember greener grass and all that? I am sure, you are gonna enjoy going back to university. In no time I ll be bored and back to my routine.

11:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home