Monday, May 30, 2005

meme chain...

I have been blissfully reading this on others' blogs and enjoying peeping into their music lives. untill I found myself on Gulnaz's blog.

So here goes (nondescript details for you, of course)

Total volume of music files on my computer:
No idea (does it matter?) Have all that I want and need.

The last CD I bought was:
Ray Charles - Genius loves company (bought it for hubby... though all music in the house is otherwise bought by him and I don't know what half of the hazaar cds he owns, contains)

Songs playing right now:
Mrs Robinson - simon & garfunkel, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan saab and Abida Parvin's album

Five songs I listen to a lot, or that means a lot to me (won't amuse you till you know the reasons, but am not telling now):
vincent - don mclain
stoney - lobo
red red wine - UB40
lady - (dont remember who)
phir wahin raat hai - ghar

Five people to whom I'm passing the baton (most have gone through this and I am pouncing on the ones that haven't):
J (I owe most of the comp music to her)
poonam (it might just make her post)
kahini (brilliant writer, want to know her stuff too)
neelima (would be good to hear from one on whose blog, music is a way of life)
swb (a male, to prove am not a feminist)

So long, folks! You five, I'll be stalking and sending headless blood dripping chicken till you answer. Eeeeks! The thought is indeed disgustingly repulsive... am off to puke out my lunch! In the meantime, will think of some other sinister things to haunt with...

18 Comments:

Blogger shub said...

I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve phir wohi raat hai too!
lemme lisetn to it now!!
i lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve it!
have i said that enuf number of times?!
I'm so delighted I found someone who actually knows of teh song! :)

7:10 pm  
Blogger Akruti said...

Cho chwwet of u,its about 3.30AM and i am completing the taggie or meme chain,thanx to u and other friend:) Ha,amazing song..Phit wahi raai hai..all songs in that movie are worth listening:) me put the post in my other blog and i gave a link to it in akruti:) check it.now let me going to sleep before someone else says..u have been tagged.now the question is why did i have to do it without sleeping?? dearie,the answer is in u r post itself " I'll be stalking and sending headless blood dripping chicken till you answer. Eeeeks!
U think i can sleep after reading that?? yeeeeeeeeeks,now let me live in peave,dont haunt me plzzz,plzz,hahaha

3:42 am  
Blogger {illyria} said...

wow! memes are in fashion right now, LOL. i love your choices, the ones i do know of.

8:56 am  
Blogger anumita said...

shub: Of course I know it and a lot of other unrecognized songs! I am from an old school, you see. And most of it takes me back to a different time...

akruti: Thank you. Thank you for answering. The threat indeed worked! No headless chicken now. Would have sent you real flowers if I knew where... by the way, that's a lovely bunch on your page.

transience: Glad you like my list. :)

9:54 am  
Blogger Rat said...

Can i steal these questiosn for my blog ??? :)

10:26 am  
Blogger anumita said...

rat: I am honoured. Please do.

10:32 am  
Blogger Akruti said...

dearie,if u love songs then i have my lyrics blog:)) i know,i know,u must be rolling ur eyes,bhuhahaha,the link is this
http://akruti.blogdrive.com
Its given in my sidebar as SKY.check it out,u will find my fav songs.

11:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Err, fangs for the complimump, but I can't narrow down my music choices. If you allow me to change these questions to travel-related ones, though, I'll do it.

12:32 pm  
Blogger Pranav said...

Hey Anumita...came acros the blog while randomly surfing around - quite liked the posts - esp the one abt names that suck (got struck)...:-)...will be dropping in more often:)

12:57 pm  
Blogger Pranav said...

oh god! this IS a truly small world, innit????:-) so you're Ms Singha!! I do remember reading s'thing about assamese food but it never struck me...so yeah, we HAVE connected before till you dissappeared:-)
good to meet you here, lady!

1:35 pm  
Blogger Gautam Ghosh said...

oh yes, I cried at their feet and they agreed to put me on the C-list !!

2:43 pm  
Blogger anumita said...

akruti: checking... great!

kahini: Anything you want. Anyways, I don't have the balls to carry out the threat.

pranav: Ya, small world. But here, I am faceless. So please restrain from further details.

raxterize: You a DJ?

gautam ghosh: Congrats on recognizing the right feet to cry at, mister epitome of modesty!

3:55 pm  
Blogger poonam said...

hey, this is a very pleasant surprise. thank you. i am already making mental notes but i need couple of days. shifted yesterday and you know how it is. am pooped plus there is loads happening at work too. btw, whats the new cell number? or is it the old one?

1:32 pm  
Blogger anumita said...

poonam: No probs. I can imagine the work load, with shifting too.
No phone yet. Didn't get time to go buy last weekend. Have to go this weekend. Will call you.

2:51 pm  
Blogger Pallavi said...

:) nice

5:08 pm  
Blogger Pranav said...

righto:-)

did'nt know i used any details tho:)

6:35 pm  
Blogger gulnaz said...

wow, love many of the songs there! :)

12:07 am  
Blogger anumita said...

pallavi: :)

pranav: Just informed you, pal.

gulnaz: Thanks. :)

10:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home