Thursday, May 19, 2005

Where was I?

The urge to update has been there. The time hasn't. Good thing, that. Else, a lot of useless banter off the top of the skull would have been spewed here.

I have never really been able to understand time. When I need it the most, it slips by. And otherwise, the clock too stands still and mocks at me.

I remember preparing for the inlaws visit. I remember them coming, I remember them leaving. In between the 3 weeks, I don't remember. Faint recollections of shopping, going out, cooking, shopping, eating delicious oil laden spicy food and shopping come to me. (I remember oily spicy food from hubby's delicate tummy being taxed and the heavy tears in his eyes.)

I clearly remember they reaching home and calling to inform they are missing us. I replied dutifully, "we too".

I very well remember both of us cleaning the house for 4 hours, putting lot of things back in place, and going out for a lazy lunch. I remember us preparing for dinner parties at home for visiting friends for 2 nights after that. I remember dressing up and attending friend's engagement party.

I don't remember the last time I watched TV. Watched what I wanted.
I remember asking ma-inlaw to come live with us for a few months. I remember her promising to come back very soon.

So all?s well that ends well. Till the next visit then!

12 Comments:

Blogger Chakra said...

I remember visiting this blog every other day checking for updates. :P

Good to see you back!

2:24 pm  
Blogger shub said...

Whooooooooooooooo!!!
BREATHE lady , B R E A T H E!
:)

2:25 pm  
Blogger anumita said...

chakra: Did you really? *feeling good* I am back now!

shub: breathe in, breathe out... technique right?

3:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew on your behalf. Welcome back!

5:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and sometimes...Allz well if it "ENDZ" ;-)

11:22 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is your second post after I added this blog to My Yahoo -and was wondering if you were going to ever come back and write.

1:14 pm  
Blogger anumita said...

kahini: Thankyouthankyou!

stone: You are right!

kapil: What I wrote in my post was an excuse. The real reason for not posting, was of course my laziness.
Will try to post more often, hence.
Thanks for reading.

1:45 pm  
Blogger J said...

hmm... i know jus wot u mean. y is the clock so unfair to us? One day, i'll control time... will do! :)

2:09 pm  
Blogger anumita said...

J: When you do, teach me the trick too.

2:27 pm  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Glad to see you're back to writing! Now I can stop by more often and visit you. :)

5:28 pm  
Blogger Pallavi said...

i am putting my foot down for oil now... :)

5:55 pm  
Blogger Abhishek said...

no matter what the topic...but you do write good blogs....
how can u even think of all these minor things in life????

3:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home