Saturday, December 04, 2004

fat or fit?

I have been binging hopelessly. Since I have started thinking of pounding up the staircase every time I am faced with an elevator option, my hunger has increased. The mere thought of exercise gets me hungry these days.

I guess it's the lack of interesting things happening in life, at work, everywhere. I just can't help it. Maybe my ears have been conditioned to pick up only such conversation, but every where I hear people passionately discussing, what else, food! Last night's dinner, today's lunch (which by the way was a sinful 2 hour affair at Mocha. And do not be fooled by the menu that innocently seems to display all snacky titbits. Everything in the place spells cheese, chocolate and sin.)... also what to try out during the weekend and the week after.

I tell myself, I need to go easy. Specially if I am to fit into the blue dress. That same one which was bought last year with the intention of getting into it on new year's eve. I did try and sucked in my tummy and held my breath till my ears grew hot and all the blood went to my face. I had to let go then. Phaah!!! With my breath, tummy and everything out, it ripped half an inch.

I carefully packed it away, promising myself I would wear it this year. With a new body. Toned, tuned and fit, of course.

Well, I still have a month to go. There is hope.

Otherwise I could always spend new years in a remote deep dark forest where all I would need are cargoes, boots, jackets and a mosquito repellent. Damn the blue dress!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AkS here... Thanks for droppin by me blog! And keep up the hope and efforts buddy! You'll wear that dress someday! ;-)

6:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
Hell with the blue dress. Why u bought it in the first place. Just enjoy the night as you are. In the dresses u easily get in.

-TheStud

8:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DID YOU JUST HAVE TO WRITE THIS POST WHEN I AM TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT AND DIET AND EXERCISE AND ALL THAT SHIT? GRRRR!!! LOL!

Hope that blue dress fits u really well soon. If it doesn't, just get a bigger size... ZIMBLE!

--Apple

12:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anumita dear,

hush. take it easy. you'd wear that blue dress someday. or if not, im gonna design a new one for yah. one that's really comfy and would bring out the best in yah. take it easy girl ;)

thanks for the kind words you left me. it really makes me feel good inside. writing helps a lot. and look, i guess i have found myself another great person.

[hugs to you and yours sweetie ]

ANgel F
angelfloralscent.blogdrive.com

7:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ignore the blue dress, wear what makes you feel good, enjoy your new year's eve in Bombay, you lucky, LUCKY thing.

Anita

11:37 am  
Blogger anumita said...

AkS: Thank you for the encouragement.
TheStud: I will repeat what you said, "To hell with the blue dress" on new year's eve. Till then, I live in hope.
Apple: That's a good suggestion. But the shop didn't sell enough and had to shut down. So no shop, no bigger size.
Angel: I rather like the idea of you designing a new dress for me. Thanks honey!
Anita: For a change, I thought I would dress up. When else do we poor souls in bbay get into anything faintly resembling "dressy"?
Leela: Do not laugh, Leela. Hope springs eternal in the human brest!

5:58 pm  
Blogger Pallavi said...

LOLOL !!
I have been trying to do that for some time.. at some time I suceeded but am tempted constantly by good food and wine !!

2:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home