Friday, February 22, 2008

22nd Feb 1998

"Are you going to be late getting back from work tomorrow...?"

"Huh... no... I don't know... why? Any plans?"

"Ya, I wanted to take you out for dinner and a late night movie after that."

"Cool! I will come back by 8 or so!"

I was wondering why the plan came about. Maybe it was to offer some respite for my week after week of punishing hours at work. The hours are just getting late-r and late-r. The day before I reached home at 11.30 and I could see he was sulking a bit. I was working on the Saturday too and on a working day, the routine goes... wake up... rush to the gym if I don't have to run to work at 7.30am, get back... shower... rush for work. The evening routine is reversed. Get out of work late... reach home... shower... while he heats the dinner, eat (really late again, very unhealthy I know but I hardly have a choice)... try to read, watch a DVD... but fall asleep promptly much after midnight. The only time I realised I am not running and have some time to get my thoughts together is when I am driving to and from work. But I have been using that time for work related and other calls. So again back to zero. Sorry, I digressed.

Later I am asleep when he climbs into bed. Light sleeper that I am, I can make some legible conversation while asleep too.

"You awake?" He asked.

"Hmmm..."

"Do you know it's been 10 years since we first meet... we met on 22nd Feb... and went for that movie... 'My Best Friend’s Wedding..."

"Ya... wow..."

"That's why I want to take you out tomorrow... we'll go have dinner... and then catch a movie... just like that day when we met..."

"You remember so well…?" I am almost wide awake now.

"I remember every thing... I am good with dates." I refrain from reminding him of the times he had forgotten his sister's birthday, his nephew's birthday and some more days. This was a good moment, not to be spoilt with trying to prove him wrong, I tell myself.

"Wow! It's been so long... you are really sweet..."

"And you know what... I am going to wear the same navy blue sweatshirt that I was wearing that day!" He said getting carried away.

"Are we going to Sterling for the movie then?"

"Nono, we'll watch it here and have dinner here..." he mentioned one of his favourite Chinese places.

"Er... are you getting me a gift too?"

"Yes, of course."

And I complain about THIS guy?!! God, punish me!!

25 Comments:

Blogger Stone said...

:-)

11:18 pm  
Blogger Roy said...

!!!!

11:41 pm  
Blogger shub said...

aww! lovely :D

7:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) happy "jab we met" day! such a sweet blog!

asuph

8:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting post, you know? You went to see a wedding movie on 22nd Feb 1998, I was getting married on that day! :)

Keep the faith! :) Cheers!

8:35 am  
Blogger Ajeya said...

:) i don't think i would be able to remember that kind of stuff. btw, really identified with the work scene. why are we always rushing? :(

11:25 am  
Blogger Sangita S said...

ohhh so sweet ..So u had a great day good food and companion :D Dont tell me u went and watched "jab wemet" ;)

1:43 pm  
Blogger Unmana said...

I've tagged you! http://unmanaswords.blogspot.com/2008/02/crazy-8s.html

11:56 am  
Blogger Mukta Raut said...

so sweet! :-D

What movie did you watch, by the way?

12:31 pm  
Blogger Priyanka Mahanta Pandiyan said...

Thats your sweet guy. So stop complaining..!! Great post...like always!

10:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! we complaining girls - so this weekend I will take my guy out for a movie - see what an inspiration you are ;)

1:04 pm  
Blogger Sudipta Chatterjee said...

Wow, wish you rediscover sch treasures every day in life! Am linking to this post from Blogbharti.

Do tell us how it went (if you wish to, that is) :)

2:59 pm  
Blogger Rocky said...

Oh.. I wonder where and how u both met ;) Those were the days. Yess!! Watch movie in Sterling, run to Churchgate, catch last local ;) Few movies we had to run before "The End" coz we may miss the last local or your hostel timing ;) shhhhh!

2:49 pm  
Blogger Komila said...

So sweet...

Hi i am komila. visiting ur blog first time... but i wud be visiting very often now...

gurl, u r in demand now :)

take care
komila
http://kvashist.blogspot.com

7:38 pm  
Blogger Alapana said...

No,no,no punishments for you,you have been too busy:) very sweet of him.

8:51 pm  
Blogger Arunima said...

hope you had a good time again reviving the past. you've been working too hard. you really deserve it.

what a husband! what a husband!

11:00 pm  
Blogger Sam said...

guys can be really sweet and caring... just give them a chance.. and i assure you'll never regret!! never ever!!

8:01 pm  
Blogger AmitL said...

Hi,Anumita...long time.:)I had a big smile on my face while reading this post.:)

But,why haven't u posted since Feb???

12:22 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey nice post really enjoyed reading it nice opost on seasons
with regards
edgar dantas
www.gadgetworld.co.in

12:14 pm  
Blogger Sangita S said...

Hey lady where are you??

8:21 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

One lucky woman..Congratulations..

8:27 pm  
Blogger anumita said...

stone: :)

rossoneri: ???

shub: Ya, thanks.

asuph: Thanks thanks!

gaizabonts: Some connection :)

ajeya: Arent we? However, I am trying to slow down.

sangita: Nah, that would have been too painfully sugary :)

unmana: Am bad with tags. But have done this tag before like I told you.

mutka: 10,000 BC :)

priyanka: Thanks, girl.

colours: Did you take him out then?

sudipta: Thanks for the wish :) It went well... but of course.

rocky: Yup, I miss those days! Remember that day, when it was raining cats and dogs and we decided to go for a movie drenched, riding on the bikes... and then I revealed that I left the tickets at home. You guys thought I was joking and then you had to rush back to pick then up... :)

komila: Welcome, this should make me write more often!

alapana: Thanks dear. Where have you disappeared? Miss you.

edgar: Thanks edgar.

arunima: We are waiting for husband tales from the new bride :)

sam: I agree. Totally. Welcome.

amitl: Heya, long time ya. How have you been?

sangita: Sorry got too caught up with things even while wanting to write everyday.

sara: Thanks and welcome.

5:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just Happened to be here, lovely Post! Congratulations and I would like to get in touch with you.

12:29 am  
Blogger Abhishek said...

haha...I'm like..."When will this forst day come in for me?" ;)

8:25 am  
Blogger Abhishek said...

i read this post again and thought of commenting once more....
Some people are real lucky.
Good that you are one amongst them.

1:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home