Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Men Myths - Part 1

Myth: Men don't bitch

Reality:

Male colleagues come back from a client's office.

"God! That place is full of women. I feel bad for the 3 guys that work there!"

"Why?"

"Imagine being surrounded by women with attitude all the time!"

"What attitude?"

"Bah! The general women attitude."

"Aren't they lucky males ?!!"

"What lucky! Poor things, seeing women everywhere every time!"

"Well, isn't it the same here?"

"What?"

"Just the other way round. I am the lone woman surrounded by all you men!"

"Yes, but we got just one woman with attitude to deal with!"

"Really! Whoever said men don't bitch should meet you guys!"

"Nah! We can't bitch because all men are dogs."

Huge uproar and guffaws follow.

***************************************

Myth: Men are easy going

Reality:

"It's past 6 and I am switching off the AC mains. Besides we should do something against global warming." I mutter as I walk out.

"No, don't!" A male voice protests.

"Well, I can't function on frozen brains."

I am back after pushing up the giant switch.

"Ah! Much better."

"For you!"

"No, there is a girl S is interviewing and I can see her shivering too."

"Where? What is she wearing?"

"I didn't notice."

Why not?"

"Why would I look at what a girl is wearing?"

Two male voices rise up, "But girls always notice that about each other."

"Well, I don't notice girls' clothes."

"Why not? What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing. I just DON'T, okay?"

"You would notice a girl without clothes?"

"Ya... no... just shut up... let me work!"

Loud guffaws and desk thumping follow.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I be honest and say the men in the second conversation would totally disgust me and I may not have let them off the hook as easily.

I would consider it as sexual harassment. That kind of behaviour or conversation should not be acceptable.Call me uptight, but I would like certain decorum maintained between work colleagues.

9:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some guys can be plain disgusting.. There are too many myths to be broken yaar..

12:15 am  
Blogger comfortably numb said...

That was funny:) Not getting into myths and realities...working can be painful without humor- veg or non-veg. I guess the guys can get away with those kindda comments because they are comfortable with you and don't treat you like you belong to a different species. And you enjoy being part of it too...sometimes atleast, isn't it??;)
Enjoyed the post!!

12:28 am  
Blogger anumita said...

educatedunemployed: I know what you mean. And trust me, I give back to anyone who I feel is overstepping the boundaries of civility. Here they are harmless decent guys and in no ways mean to hurt or offend me.

twilight fairy: True. And I am surprised that there are still people that hold on to these myths.

comfortably numb: You are right. We are a small team and work very well together. They count me as one of them and we are often working late under pressure of deadlines. I wouldn't if I didnt like my job and the people I work with.

11:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All myths !! hahah :)

2:17 pm  
Blogger ~nm said...

First time here and just couldn't resist commenting to this post :D It was quite funny!

11:42 pm  
Blogger manoj said...

men are good or bad as anything in this world, men are good or bad in different situation as do any thing in this world,
there is no commom noun as good

12:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First time to ur blog from ganga's blogroll and loved ur blog's catchy name. I don't blog anymore but loved reading the candid and detailed description of something that many of us girls might love to forget!

Oh and once again, I jus love ur blog and have bookmarked it :)

1:52 pm  
Blogger Priyanka Mahanta Pandiyan said...

Ha,ha! Had a good laugh at your colleagues' expense. Men wud be man!

6:11 pm  
Blogger anumita said...

pallavi: Right!

nm: Welcome. Glad you find it so.

manoj: I agree. We are never contesting that :)

shini: Thank you so much. I myself dont write as often as I used to. But I do want to be as regular as before...

priyanka: You bet!

11:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the next one would be " Men dont gossip"!!
:-)

bips

10:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home