Tuesday, February 17, 2009

toed in

After I quit my job, there was too much excitement in my life. I went for my holiday to Delhi as planned and had a wonderful time. I caught up with old friends, one of who I had written about in one of my earlier posts and people had various interesting things to say. Well, facebook has taken over my life and one good thing that has come off it, was getting back with a lot of old friends.

More excitement waited for me as we drove down to Silvassa the same weekend for two close friends' engagement. It was beautiful. A huge moon shining, champagne, great food, jam sessions and dancing into the night.

Satiated I looked forward to my new job. And then I broke my little toe. The fourth one on my left foot. Nothing very dramatic. I just banged hard into the outer corner of a wall and this toe went crooked. No amount of pulling could get it straight. So finally, with the pain and the swelling escalating I went to the doc, who promptly got an xray, pulled the toe in place and put a huge cast on the foot.

So there, I was with a foot which didn't fit into any shoe. The next day I went for a second opinion to another doctor, hoping that he can remove the cast and give me something smaller and simpler. He didnt, but suggested buying oversized floaters with velcro which I can strap over the huge plaster. No good. A bigger size was too large for my good foot... and my own size didn't go over my injured foot. I did the next best thing. I bought 2 pairs in different sizes.

I have been enjoying the look on people's faces when they stare at my feet as I stand or limp by. For those who don't know me, look out for a huge foot in a size 8 sandal and the other foot in a similar size 3 sandal. Wave out or say hi. It will make my day.

9 Comments:

Blogger Alapana said...

I will, I will :) But for now you take care of that toe:))

8:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hope your toe gets better soon.

6:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wave out to you or the size 8 sandal? ;)

11:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww. hope it gets better soon.

flip side is: you might start a new fashion trend! and then everyone will be waving everyone!

take care,
asuph

2:39 pm  
Blogger Sudipta Chatterjee said...

Ouch! Get well soon!

3:50 pm  
Blogger shub said...

Yikes, get well soon. Congrats on the new job :)

12:03 pm  
Blogger Mukta Raut said...

Oh hey! I wanted to sign your cast!

1:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

alapana: yes, the cast is a pain more than the actual pain!

det-res: thanks.

gaizabonts: whatever, i promise o respond.

asuph: dont know how much longer for the trend to catch on... as of now, i am the freak.

sudipta, shub: thanks guys. appreciated.

mukta: you should have last sunday... okay, do it on sat if we meet.

anumita

3:13 pm  
Blogger Arunima said...

haha, my ex-manager broke her toes drinking and dancing in an office party. By then she had also grown as the BU head of her new organization.

She was tied up with the cast for some days. I guess yours is better. :-)

7:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home