Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Journey to the End of the Night

As I lie in bed wide awake much past midnight, staring at the ceiling, I get used to the darkness. Actually the night sky has its own luminous glow, a brightness that makes the nights surreal. I see everything in the bedroom clearly with some of this night light streaming in through the sheer curtains. I looked at the peacefully sleeping form of the man beside. We are together but right now he is in a different world.

Do I really need to sleep? I know I just have to let the comfort and the coolness of the night take over and close my eyes for sleep to come. But that would mean another night gone by and a morning that waits to awaken me. I try to hold on to my consciousness. To this moment which is mine. I cannot slip into nothingness. It is rest I need, of mind and body. It's what I am giving myself till morning dawns.

For those who try to keep awake, Redbull at dinner helps.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dipayan (DeepDiveR) said...

Redbull at dinner helps.....try red wine

10:34 pm  
Blogger asuph said...

caffine gives wondrous boost to your thinking, doesn't it?

7:44 am  
Blogger upsilamba said...

:) I was enjoying the read, until the Redbull-factor hit me.

6:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

deepdiver: red wine or anything with a bit of alcohol content lulls me gently to sleep. and i try to skip it on weekdays.

asuph: red bull is the only indulgence i have.

upsilamba: i hate sleeping as i have often mentioned, and when the body is fighting to drop dead, red bull keeps it up. i love the kick.

- anumita

10:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home