Monday, July 06, 2009

Smell of yesterday's dust

It had stopped raining and the evening looked beautiful. Cool and clean as I walked down the little lane near my house. The cluster of little wet houses with a few people leisurely taking a walk and two little children running after each other was delightful. It suddenly took me back to a long time ago. I was surprised how two days can be so connected. Different times different eras. And it struck me why living here brings me a strange peace. Childhood tugs at my heart. A glimpse of a time gone.

As a child, all I wanted was to get out of that little town, live in faraway lands, eat different food, lead a different life. Now I am doing exactly that.

And yet. Life has come a full circle. I savour every bit of nostalgia. I treasure every memory and try to relive it. I find comfort in the simple food of yesteryears. I am most comfortable with early mornings, a childhood habit. And the rains, they have some amazing memories.

What is it? Age? That makes one look back so much? Are we done with creating memories and now just look at re-living them... or is it a content life... we need nothing more...

Really!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh I miss home too.. :-( but now we are having a family gathering of sorts in hyd so it fine :-)

4:07 pm  
Anonymous det-res said...

My guess is, in a few years time we would be looking back at the new memories we are making now. Whether we know it or not.

1:18 am  
Blogger Arunima said...

someday, we will look back to these years again as sweet memories. The first time we moved in to a house, the first time we re-decorated or re-painted the walls, the first time we went abroad on a holiday, the first time we ... :-)

oh and det-res has said the same thing.

10:20 am  
Blogger hnarsana said...

It's the circle of life. It's good that you are consciously, and by choice, willing to revisit that part of your life :)

9:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i belong to the first category...definitely! :-)

bips

8:44 pm  
Blogger anumita said...

lostonthestreet: that sounds good. at least you ll have the people around if not the place.

det-res: absolutely! i think of this and get scared at how soon my today is becoming a yesterday!

arunima: ya, and i hope memory serves well then to recall everything.

hnarsana: i am. always.

bips: i know you do :)

6:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home